Vermont Business Magazine Gifford Wellness invites community members to “Heart of the Matter,” a discussion with our expert care team on topics ranging from heart attack prevention to self-management, from 9 to 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 29, in the Conference Center at Gifford Medical Center.
They plan to discuss:
- Heart Attacks: What causes them? How are they treated, and better yet, prevented?
- Heart Failure: Types, evaluation, and treatment
- Atrial Fibrillation and Atrial Flutter
- Heart Valve Trouble
- Pearls of Cardiac Care: Advice from a cardiac nurse on self-care and working with your team
- The Benefits of Health Coaching and Self-Management Classes
- Lipoprotein (a)
Heart of the Matter is free and open to the public with registration encouraged by Monday, Sept. 25. For more information, and to register, email [email protected] or call 802-728-2377.
Gifford is a community hospital in Randolph, Vt., with family health centers in Berlin, Bethel, Chelsea, Randolph, and Rochester, and specialty services throughout central Vermont. A Federally Qualified Health Center and a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital in the country, Gifford is a full-service hospital with a 24-hour emergency department and inpatient unit; many surgical services; an adult day program; 49-unit independent living facility, and a nursing home. The hospital’s mission is to improve individual and community health by providing and assuring access to affordable, high-quality health care in Gifford’s service area.
Source: RANDOLPH, Vt., Sept. 12, 2023—Gifford Wellness