Community Health Centers As the cold weather quickly moves into Vermont, Community Health Centers - Safe Harbor is looking for donations for our Homeless Healthcare Program. Specifically needed are:
- T-shirts/long sleeve shirts
- Men's pants
- Sweatpants/pajama pants
- Sleeping bags
- Reusable shopping bags
Also, due to the increased need for wound care in our community, we are looking for these specific medical supplies:
- Bacitracin and/or Manuka honey
- Assorted band aids, with large band aids
- Gauze pads 2x2
- Gauze pads 4x4
- Non-stick pads
- Gauze rolls
- Ace wrap
- Self-adherent wrap (often called Coban)
- Silk tape
- Nitrile gloves - do not have to be individually wrapped
- Plastic Tupperware or large Ziploc bags
If you have any of the above items you'd like to donate, you can drop them directly at CHC - Safe Harbor, located at 184 South Winooski Avenue in Burlington. Please note that donated clothes must be clean, folded and in plastic bins. Thursdays or Fridays are preferred for drop-offs. If you have specific questions, please email Eli Ferree at [email protected]. Thank you!
Vermont Health Connect Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment for 2024 health insurance plans is underway and runs to January 15, 2024. Please note: if you are already enrolled in a Vermont Health Care Plan, you only have to re-enroll if you want to change your plan. CHC is here to help you with this process if you need it, please call ahead to schedule an appointment at (802) 264-8124.
Here are some helpful links for the Open Enrollment process:
- Check out the 2024 Plan Comparison Tool to see your options and estimate costs.
- Report any changes, such as income or household size.
- Log in to your account at www.VermontHealthConnect.gov or call 1-855-899-9600.
- Questions about Medicaid renewals? Visit dvha.vermont.gov/unwinding.
Some dates to keep in mind:
- Enrollment dates are now through January 15, 2024.
- If you would like to have your coverage start by January 1, 2024, you will need to apply between before December 15, 2023.
- If you would like your coverage to start February 1, 2024, you will need to apply before January 15, 2024.
Lastly, as Vermont Medicaid Unwind continues, please make sure to watch your mail closely for important notices. Envelopes will be marked with a red stripe; don't throw them out!