Vermont Business Magazine At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont, our mission is to help you and your family live happier, healthier lives. Your financial wellness is an important part of your overall health and well-being, so we’ve partnered with GradFin to provide comprehensive student loan services to eligible Blue Cross members, including Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
“When we consider the challenges Vermonters face, the cost of health care and student loans are at the top of the list, which has prompted us to embark on this partnership with GradFin. Supporting our members to manage their monthly costs is an important part of mental wellness,” said Andrew Garland, Vice President, Client Relations and External Affairs at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont.
The Blue Cross and GradFin program is unique in that its services are available to insured members and those in their household, even if the household members are not enrolled in the insurer’s medical benefits.
GradFin offers comprehensive solutions that can help overcome the burden of student loan debt. GradFin is a student loan company that helps you find the best strategies to finance college and reduce debt, through loan refinancing and consolidation. With free one-on-one expertise and 11 banking options, you can save thousands of dollars over the loan term.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont members who are the employees of hospitals, school districts, governments and wanting to participate in the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program through 501(c)(3) organizations may have their federal student loans forgiven (tax-free) after making 120 qualifying payments (~10 years). Be sure to ask how GradFin can help with the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
GradFin Core Student Loan Services
· Public Service Loan Forgiveness Membership. GradFin works with members to help them comply by enrolling their loans in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, verifying their employment, annually certifying their income-based repayment plan, and auditing their “qualified payments.”
· Student Loan Financial Education. The foundation of GradFin’s student loan benefit program is the free personalized one-on-one student loan consultations, webinars, and on-location “Town Hall” presentations to brainstorm faster and more efficient solutions to pay off members’ loans, while also focusing on saving money for the future.
· Student Loan Solutions. GradFin’s consultants will analyze loans and work with over 10 lenders to provide a comprehensive solution to reduce student loan debt by refinancing and consolidating student loans. Ultimately, GradFin’s mission is as follows – to provide a faster and more efficient path for members to become debt-free, while saving thousands of dollars over the term of their loans.
To learn more about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, student loan borrowers can go to: goto.gradfin.com/bcbsvt/ or by calling 844-GRADFIN.
Connect with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bluecrossvt
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bluecrossvt/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bluecrossvt
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bluecrossvt/
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is Vermont’s only local, not-for-profit health plan. For over 30 years, the company has been enhancing the health and well-being of the Vermonters we serve by offering innovative plans to individuals, older Vermonters, and businesses. Our employees are dedicated to developing new ways to support high-quality care, programs, and events that promote wellness. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. For more information, visit www.bluecrossvt.org.
5.24.2022. Berlin, Vermont – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont www.bluecrossvt.org