Vermont Business Magazine The COVID-19 Surveillance Report focuses on the data and indicators most useful to help monitor and determine risk of COVID-19 in Vermont. It will be updated every Wednesday, summarized below. These weekly reports will replace the daily COVID-19 Case Dashboard. The final dashboard update was on May 18.
COVID-19 data sets will still be accessible through the Vermont Open Geodata Portal, including case counts, hospitalizations, deaths, PCR testing and more, also updated on Wednesdays.
COVID-19 Surveillance Report May 18
- Report Timeframe: May 8 to May 15, 2022
- Statewide community levels: High. The daily rate of new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 is above 200.
- New COVID-19 admissions are above 10 per 100,000 per day, and the percent of hospital beds occupied by COVID-19 is below 10%.
- New daily COVID-19 cases, last 7 days: 371.00 per 100K
- New daily COVID-19 admissions, last 7 days: 11.22 per 100K
- Percent of staffed inpatient beds occupied by COVID-19 patients (7-day average): 5.27%
Vermont is using the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE), which provides all individual emergency department visits from participating emergency departments1 to identify Emergency Department visits for COVID-Like Illness (CLI).
During this reporting period, between 5% and 6% of emergency visits in participating emergency departments have included COVID-like illness.
In addition to Vermont’s National Wastewater Surveillance System (NWSS) sites, the City of Burlington has been collecting samples in collaboration with the Health Department and research partners at the University of Vermont and at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Burlington has been collecting data since August 2020, and reports on the 24-hour viral concentration (as genomes per liter) of SARS-CoV-2 ribonucleic acid (RNA) collected at the city’s three wastewater plants.
WHERE TO GET TESTED
Where to Get Tested
If you need to cancel an appointment, please let us know so someone else can have your spot.
- call 802-863-7240 OR
- log in and cancel OR
- reply directly to your confirmation email