Vermont Business Magazine The annual Southern Vermont Summer Homebrew Festival brought the heat this past weekend to Bennington, Vermont! The festival was held on the field in front of the Bennington Sports Center, formerly the Catamount School. Hot temperatures reaching over 90 degrees couldn’t scare away the crowds as over 350 patrons enjoyed 100 craft home brews from over 24 homebrewers. From noon to 4pm ticket holders enjoyed unlimited samples of home-brewed beer, wine, mead, cider and more from the area's best homebrewers.
Included in the festival was musical entertainment provided by Luke Taylor, Foster Powell & Friends and Kendal Kirk.
The attendees were treated to some unique and delicious offerings from the Home Brewers including Breadwater Brewing Company, River Valley Brewing, Level 3 Brewing, Whole Nother Level Brewing , Groff Garage Brewery (GGB), Sax Brewing Co., All Nighter Brewing, Invisible Mountain Brewing, Yuppie Beers, Bantam Brews, 7 Balls Brewing, TYRANNICAL RUFFIANS, Bennettstead Brewing, Watson & Wheeler, Wicked Ways, Lamson Brewing, MellowStone Brewers, Human Origins Beer Co., Other Places Brewing Company, Engineered Beer Works, The Jolly Fool Brews, and Old Military Rd Vineyard & Winery.
“I’d like to give a huge shoutout to all the brewers, attendees, volunteers, sponsors, and vendors. Once again, everyone came together and we held an incredibly fun and safe event!,” says Will Gardner, producer of the event with Hopridge Farms. “It takes an incredible amount of effort to hold a festival of this kind and it makes all the hard work worth it when everyone has a wonderful time. I am incredibly grateful to all those behind and in front of the curtain that make this event possible. ”
The festival has several awards all of which are voted on by the patrons throughout the festival:
- Best VIP Beverage: 1st Place: Sax Brewing with Cinabon Stout, 2nd Place: 3 way tie: Wicked Ways with Hot Fuzz Tongue Tickler; MellowStone Brewing with Gone Nuts Brown Ale; Level 3 Brewing with Glade Runner, 3rd Place: Groffs Garage with Lady Bug Blonde.
- Best Overall Beer: 1st Place: Sax Brewing with Bloody Sour, 2nd Place: Engineered Beer works with Not Your Grandma's Blueberry Pancakes, 3rd Place: Groffs Garage with Hoppy Nerd Water.
- Best Non-Beer: 1st Place: Sax Brewing with Cider Slush, 2nd Place: Watson Wheeler Cider with Glastenbury Wildman, 3rd Place: Old Military Road with Cherry wine.
- Best Overall Brewery: 1st Place: Sax Brewing, 2nd Place: Lamson Brewing, 3rd Place: 2 way tie with Wicked Ways and Engineered Beerworks
- Best Professionally Judged Beverage: Whole Nother Level Brewing with Smoldering in Darkness Porter.
Vendors at the Summer Homebrew Festival included: Hangry Hogg (Food Truck), Hoppy Valley Farm, Outdoor Secrets Unwrapped hot sauce, Nutty bavarian, A Taste of Pomegranate Tarot, Hoppy Valley Farm, Fur & Friends Co, Concord Hill Farms, Uzume’s Pots, i want pig candy, and Nomadic Threads.
Hopridge Farms produces the festival in partnership with the Southwestern Vermont Chamber of Commerce.
The organizers would like to thank the festival sponsors including: Presenting Sponsor Coggins Auto Group. Additional current sponsors include The Bank of Bennington, Casella, LeafGuard, and Farm Road Brewing. Their media sponsors were The Bennington Banner and CAT-TV. A special thank you to Bo and the team at the Bennington Sports Center for hosting both the Winter and Summer Homebrew Festivals this year.
For more information about next year’s Southern Vermont Homebrew Festivals visit https://www.vthomebrewfests.com/
(Bennington, VT) –– Southwestern Vermont Chamber of Commerce. Pictures provided by Hopridge Farms: