Safety Protocols in Place for In-Person Visits at All Community Health Locations
Vermont Business Magazine Community Health is taking appointments again for in-person visits with health care providers, and starting May 25th Community Health Express Care in Rutland and Castleton are once again open 8 a.m.- 8p.m., 7 days-a-week.
Since patient and staff safety is always a top priority, some protocols have been put in place for everyone who visits any of Community Health’s locations, including Community Health Dental, Community Health Pediatrics and Brandon Community Pharmacy.
“Vermont has the lowest infection rate in the country,” said Community Health CEO Don Reuther. “It’s something we want to preserve.”
Masks, distancing, screenings and intensive disinfecting are all part of the routines in place to help contain the possible spread of the coronavirus. The benefits of social distancing and protective protocols will help our community, our families, neighbors and friends remain safe and healthy as access to providers, health care and wellness consultations and routine checkups resume at all Community Health locations. Telehealth visits will continue to be available as well.
If your provider has requested an in-office visit take note that these enhanced safety protocols will pertain to everyone who visits a Community Health location:
- Wear a mask when you come in for your visit. If you have a mask, please bring it with you. If possible, children should wear masks as well.
- All Community Health care team members are wearing masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) and are being tested.
- Call us when you arrive. Some of our practices are using a car waiting room system so that you don’t have to wait in the same space as other patients.
- If you do have to use the waiting room, we have established a safe distance between chairs to maintain six-foot social distancing.
- Patients and visitors will be screened at the door checking temperature, offering hand sanitizer and ensuring appropriate masking.
- At-risk patients are being scheduled at specific times and locations for their safety.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high touch, public surface areas is being practiced at all locations.
- Avoid bringing family members with you when possible. Visitors will be restricted. Call ahead for details.
Community Health welcomes patients back to our offices, providing full services and provider access. Be sure to call ahead and confirm your appointment time and location. If you have other questions, please call your provider before coming to the office.
Community Health is Vermont’s largest FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Center), a network of primary care, pediatric, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services with offices in Rutland, Brandon, Castleton, West Pawlet and Shoreham. Community Dental offices are located in Rutland and Shoreham, Community Health Pediatrics is in Rutland and Behavioral Health services are available at all of our locations. Community Health Express Care centers, open 7 days-a-week, are located at the Rutland and Castleton Community Health Centers.
The mission of Community Health (Community Health Centers of the Rutland Region) is to improve the health and wellness of all people in the communities we serve by providing access to excellent medical and dental primary care regardless of any financial consideration.
Source: RUTLAND - Community Health 5.19.2020