Vermont Business Magazine Following guidance from the State of Vermont, Central Vermont Medical Center is scaling back some limitations on visitors to the hospital. CVMC and all other hospitals in the state began restricting visitation in March to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Effective July 1, guidelines as part of the new policy include:
· For inpatients, one consistent family member/support person is permitted.
· For pediatric patients, two parents/guardians or one parent/guardian and a visitor may accompany pediatric patients.
· Patients arriving in Surgical Services, the Emergency Department or ExpressCare may also be accompanied by one consistent family member/support person.
· At Woodridge Rehabilitation and Nursing, scheduled outdoor visitation is now allowed by appointment on certain days.
· For medical clinics, visitors are not permitted with limited exceptions.
Because not all areas allow for visitors to safely distance, patients or their families should check to understand the updated policy, and whether a designated visitor can be accommodated.
As with all policies related to COVID-19, CVMC will continue to review and adjust its welcoming policy to ensure the safest environment for patients, families and staff, and may revert to more restrictive policies as needed dependent on the status of the pandemic in our region.
The full policy and visitation hours can be viewed here: https://www.cvmc.org/patients-visitors/visitor-information/visiting-hours-policies
Everyone entering CVMC facilities are still screened for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms, and required to mask for the duration of their visit.
About Central Vermont Medical Center:
Central Vermont Medical Center is the primary health care provider for 66,000 people who live and work in the 26 communities of central Vermont. We provide 24-hour emergency care, with a full spectrum of inpatient (licensed for 122 beds) and outpatient services. Our professional staff includes over 200 physicians and 70 advanced practice providers representing 25 medical specialties.
Central Vermont Medical Center is a member of The University of Vermont Health Network, an integrated system established to deliver high quality academic medicine to every community we serve.
For more information visit www.UVMHealth.org/CVMC.
Source: Berlin, Vt. – CVMC