The Vermont Climate Council is seeking public input on the development of Vermont's Climate Action Plan. See schedule below, and RSVP here.
Your voice is critical to shape how Vermont responds to the climate crisis. We encourage you to attend at least one of these events to make your voice heard.
In 2020, Vermont passed the Global Warming Solutions Act to turn our state's voluntary climate goals into mandatory targets.
VNRC championed the act, which requires Vermont to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, develop a plan for how to achieve emission reduction targets, and ensure Vermont is prepared for more extreme weather due to climate change.
A key aspect of the plan is to include historically marginalized communities in the development of the Climate Action Plan and ensure that the plan addresses the needs of Vermonters who face the greatest risk from a warming climate.
Public comment will be crucial to ensure the plan cuts emissions across all sectors of Vermont’s economy, that is equitable to all Vermonters, and that it is fully funded.
The following events are important opportunities for you to provide input and feedback on the development and focus of the Climate Action Plan, which will be adopted on December 1, 2021.
- Tuesday, September 21, 5:00-7:00pm: Elmore State Park Pavilion | 856 VT-12, Elmore, VT
- Wednesday, September 22, 5:00-7:00pm: Emerald Lake State Park Pavilion | 65 Emerald Lake Ln, East Dorset, VT
- Thursday, September 23, 5:00-7:00pm: Lakeside Park Pavilion | 32 Mill St, Island Pond, VT
- Sunday, September 26, 3:00-5:00pm: Airport Park Pavilion | 500 Colchester Point Rd, Colchester, VT
- Thursday, September 30, 6:00-7:30pm: Virtual event via Zoom
- Tuesday, October 5, 6:00-7:30pm: Virtual event via Zoom for BIPOC communities
- Wednesday, October 6, 6:00-7:30pm: Virtual event via Zoom
All events are free to attend. Food will be provided at the in-person events, which will be held in outdoor shelters or pavilions to help ensure safety regarding COVID-19. All attendees will be asked to wear masks.