The University of Vermont Robert Larner College of Medicine invites the public to a free, informational webinar on Thursday, March 19, from 3 to 4 p.m., facilitated by Jan Carney, MD, MPH, associate dean for Public Health and Health Policy, to help communities both understand the information provided by public health officials and to offer guidance to individuals on how to best protect themselves and others.
Topics for Discussion
- A status update of COVID-19
- How I can keep myself and others safe
- What is social distancing?
- Why social distancing is important
- Practical advice to follow
- Where should I get my information?
Jan Carney, MD, MPH. Associate dean for Public Health and Health Policy, professor of medicine, director graduate public health programs at UVM Larner College of Medicine. Health commissioner for the state of Vermont, 1989-2003. Areas of Expertise: Public/Population Health, Health Policy and Advocacy; Clinical and Translational Research; Linking Public Health and Clinical Medicine
Instructions for logging into the webinar:
For a laptop or desktop:
- If needed, download the free Adobe Connect desktop app to access the webinar
- Click “Enter as a Guest”
- Type your name in the box
- Click on the “Enter Room” button
For a mobile app:
- If needed, download the free Adobe Connect app from your app store
- The URL for the room is https://uvmcde.adobeconnect.com/cdewebinar - you can type or copy and paste in the URL
- Select “Guest” and then type in your full name
- Hit “Enter” and then you will be in the room.
- The app will remember the URL that you have used in the past, so you should not have to re-type the URL again.