Vermont's oldest agricultural fair returns to Lyndonville Aug. 21-25 with midway rides and games, live music and entertainment, livestock exhibits and shows, pulling contests, demolition derbies, community exhibits, fair food and more.
Fair admission includes unlimited rides and entertainment by the Kenya Safari Acrobats, Horses Horses Horses! performances, World of Wonders Illusions & Escape Artists, Phoenix Bazaar fire sword twirlers, Magic & Comedy Hypnotist Show, Chainsaw Carver Josh Landry and Professor Paddy-Whack vaudeville entertainment.
Fair highlights will include:
• Mini-Horse Pull (6 pm), Kids Power Wheels Demo, Van and Team Demo Derby (6:30 pm) on Wednesday
• Tractor Pull (noon), AC/DC tribute band Back in Black (8 pm) on Thursday
• Horse Pulling (10:30 am), Truck Pulls (6:30 pm) on Friday
• Gymkhana (10 am), Grand Cavalcade (11:30 am), New England Rodeo (1 pm, 7 pm), Log Loader Competition (3:30 pm) on Saturday
• Ox Pulling (10 am), Pig Scramble (noon), Demolition Derby (1 pm qualifying, 6 pm finals) on Sunday
Daily fair admission (adults and children 36 inches or taller) is $20, or $16.84 online before 4 pm Wed., Aug. 21. On Wednesday, Carload Night, pay-one-price admission is just $40 per vehicle for all legally seated passengers.
Fair gates open at noon Wednesday and 7 am Thursday - Sunday at the Mountain View Park fairgrounds at 1 Fairground Road. Midway hours are 4 to 11 pm Wednesday, 11 am to 11 pm Thursday - Saturday, and 11 am to 9 pm Sunday.
For more information, call 802-626-8101 or visit CaledoniaCountyFair.com.