Learn about the unique benefits and challenges of employee ownership during a full-day virtual event August 18, featuring 15 informative workshops and a keynote by Blake Jones.
The online event logistics will take place via Microsoft Teams with extensive support from the University of Vermont Conference and Events Services.
To register and for more information, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-vermont-employee-ownership-conference-tickets-111034031778.
About this Event
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Learn about the unique benefits and challenges of employee ownership at this full-day virtual event, featuring 15 informative workshops and a keynote by Blake Jones. The online event logistics will take place via Microsoft Teams with extensive support from the University of Vermont Conference and Events Services. More information about the event can be found on the VEOC Webpage.
Discounts are available for students, academics, first-time attendees considering employee ownership, and economic development professionals - email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Who should attend:
- Business owners, managers, and employees of companies interested in learning more about employee ownership;
- Those who work in established employee-owned companies;
- Entrepreneurs considering starting up a company with broadly shared ownership;
- Business advisors, including bankers, accountants, attorneys, and financial planners;
- Government officials and staff members;
- Economic development professionals;
- Anyone interested in employee participation, sustainable business models or business ownership succession.
Schedule of the Day:
8:30 - 9:00 - Arrival and Networking
9:00 - 10:00 - Welcome and Keynote
10:15 - 11:30 - Workshops, Session A
1. An Introduction to Employee Ownership
2. Hot Topics for Worker Cooperatives
3. How an ESOP Works: An Introduction for Employee Owners
4. Developing Resilience
5. Hot Topics for ESOPs
11:45 - 12:15 - "Table Topics" Discussions and Networking
12:15 - 12:45 - Lunch Break
12:45 - 2:00 - Workshops, Session B
6. ESOP Transaction Basics
7. Co-op Conversion Nuts & Bolts
8. Sharing Financial Information in Times of Rapid Change
9. Big Picture Thinking in the Time of COVID-19
10. The Moral Imperative for Addressing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Employee-Owned Companies
2:15 - 3:30 - Workshops, Session C
11. Valuation for Employee Ownership Deals
12. Democracy at Work: Good Governance for Worker Cooperatives
13. Strategies for Collaboration: A Conversation with Keynoter Blake Jones
14. Engagement & Inclusion: You Can't Have One Without the Other
15. Effective ESOP Boards: Responsibilities and Best Practices
3:45 - 4:00 - Wrap-up Session
4:00 - 5:00 - Virtual Happy Hour/Networking
5:30pm - ?:?? - Informal After-Party at Switchback (Weather and COVID Permitting)