Vermont Business Magazine Join Champlain College and the US Department of Justice for a free one-day conference outlining key current cyber threats to businesses, nonprofits, and organizations of all sizes, as well as what tactics you should be using to prepare and to respond to those threats. The conference will also include guidance on how to proceed when you are targeted - and conversations about real-life scenarios in Vermont and lessons learned from organizations across the country.
Presenters will include representatives from local organizations as well as government experts from the FBI, U.S. Department of Justice and Vermont investigators, as well as Vt. Gov. Phil Scott and Burlington Electric CEO Neale Lunderville.
What: Understanding Digital Threats: A Cybersecurity Briefing for Businesses and Non-Profits
When: Friday, March 10, 2017
- 8:30 a.m. Registration
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Conference
- Vt. Gov. Phil Scott is scheduled to be at the event from 8:45 to 9:15.
Where: Champlain Room at the Center for Communication and Creative Media, Champlain College, 375 Maple St., Burlington, VT 05401
Conference sessions include:
- The Changing Threat Landscape
- Incident Preparedness: The Shift from Cyber-Defense to Cyber-Survival
- Incident Response: Government Expectations and Cooperation
- Case Studies Highlighting Experiences of Local Organizations
- Lunch is included