This is a perfect time to consider what YOU will be doing for this year's Vermont MFG Day / Month, officially scheduled for Friday, October 6, 2017 and celebrated all month long in October. Three months of planning will get you off to a great start for a company open house, special tours, presentations or all the above!
There are many pluses to this event - you can promote as much or as little as you wish to "show off" what you provide to your community in terms of good jobs and how valuable manufacturing is to Vermont.
Manufacturing Really Matters!!
If you're a past participant of MFG Day/ Month, you know how rewarding this event is for you, your company, your community, our future workforce. If you've never participated, getting started is easy, whether you wish to host a public or private / invite-only event, registration is just a click away. Register here today! Official registration will secure free national attention for your company.
And once that easy step is accomplished, deciding how to best optimize your day, week, month is wide open to you. Here's an excellent blog post of the many options available to you, How to Start Planning Your Manufacturing Day Event.
A new/ different spin on the event could be to market how valuable your company is to your community, for example:
1) Focus on one or more or all of the following - your financial contribution in dollars, numbers, ranges, percentages. Tell the story of how much of an impact you have in your town, city, county as a valuable organization.
2) Your Return on Investment (ROI) - the need to hire new employees, you are proud to be part of the community, you're a high paying employer with good benefits.
3) Explain your vision, mission, purpose - What Matters To You?
4) Encourage young adults to seriously look at manufacturing as a viable career option - they ARE the future of our workforce.
5) Let your community leaders and neighbors know how active your employees are in their community, i.e. volunteering for non-profits, youth league coaching, serving on boards, etc.
Please consider becoming involved and let us know how we might be able to assist you, whether you're a repeat host or a first-timer. Contact Robynn Albert, VMEC Marketing and Training Manager, (802) 793-2078 or firstname.lastname@example.org today!